Thursday, July 14, 2011

Close to one of my favorite directors


I was leaving Madrid to visit my cousin Megan in Bristol. It was the most interesting plane ride I've ever been on. I was talking to two very nice ladies (same ones I was talking to before I boarded the plane), one who is from Mexico and moved to Europe not too long ago, and another lady who is a teacher. We had an interesting conversation, about everything basically, life, relationships, what we enjoy to do, and our reasons for going to Bristol of course. I started talking to the teacher about how I study film and have been learning a lot about Spanish film, and Pedro Almodóvar is one of my favorite directors. She gave me a lot of advice and close to the end of the conversation she mentioned "mi hermano Almodóvar" (my brother Almodóvar), and a moment of uncertainty crossed my face. I said "lo siento, que dijiste!?" (I'm sorry, what did you say!?) Yes, she is the sister of one of the most famous Spanish directors in Spain, Pedro Almodóvar! I was in shock, she explained to me her family history, where they are from, and Almodóvar's new film "La Piel que Habito." When we landed she left quickly and said "buena suerte, eres muy guapa" (good luck, you are very beautiful). It's truly surprising the people you may encounter in life. I will never forget my conversation with Almodóvar's sister. Keep on livin'

2 comments:

  1. thats tight get some contact info next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hinting I wanted contact info, but I don't think she was down, interesting conversation though

    ReplyDelete