Monday, September 13, 2010

Mi vida en España

España!  The friends I made, the family, the food, my school, being able to take the metro/bus/train to school...everything...AMAZING!  If anyone is considering studying abroad, DO IT!  It has been more than a week and I will not give it away for anything.  I can't say that everyones study abroad experience will be the same, but the rewards one will acquire and experience in another country goes beyond what is expected. Whether you experience the luckiest or the unluckiest of things, it's how you deal with it.  Studying abroad really tests your capabilities and sometimes you have to keep reminding yourself
"I'm actually here and it's my turn to be on my own."  It may not always be perfect, but you have to keep on going.  I'm learning more about myself and opening my eyes to what more another part of the world has to offer.  Everywhere I turn is a new adventure!  Something new to be seen, even as simple as a sunset.  The laughs and adventures, and the memories to take with me are irreplaceable. The things I've seen in Madrid, are things I can only imagine.  The Palacio Real for instance, breathtaking and lucky to be standing right there, watching it with my own eyes.  Things I've only seen on TV or in magazines, are things that have become a reality for me now.  I am truly marveled by everything here.  The nerves I felt before this trip are gone.  I am comfortable in this new city, which I am proud to say is my home for the next couple of months.


The food:  One of my favorite topics to talk about.  The salad comes with vinegar, oil, and salt.  A lot of meat products and potatoes.  I had paella the other day (a popular seafood dish in Spain), something I wanted to try since I got here and love it.  Just recently I went to Lavapiés with some friends and had the best Indian food I've ever had, that town is so diverse.  Churros con chocolate:  a Spain tradition and I will not forget the first bite, officially my favorite dessert.  Going to another country is where you really taste the wonders of the world.  The culture it comes with is something that really enriches one's life, like mine.


A different lifestyle definitely, and took sometime to adapt too...I knew I was not in California anymore.  Whether it be walking around downtown, attending classes, eating with the family, knowing the ropes to public transportation, finding that thing you go "WOW" over because you haven't seen anything like it, or going out with friends, dancing and singing to every song we love for La Noche en Blanco (a tradition in Spain where the streets are covered with people, a lot of music, and basically every place is open all night), one is immersing themselves to the new culture & I am loving every minute of it!


Thankful for the every laugh and smile the city, and people have put on my face.


September 8th:  My 20th birthday, one I will never forget.  Had dinner at Casa Mingo, not expecting to see everyone that was there.  A birthday for the books <3


Each moment one is living is something to take in and experience, and when one can look back at it and smile one knows it was a moment to remember forever.  If you have the chance to do something incredible, do it.  Keep on livin'

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are really enjoying it over there. Are you ever gonna come back? And who said you could wear taht black dress lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ups and downs and learning a lot, yes of course. haha too bad I can't wear it now since it's hella cold.

    ReplyDelete