Saturday, November 6, 2010

The world is my music

Finished my first class at 11, I had to do a couple of errands to do after and my friend Amanda came with me.  We went to Sol and Gran Vía, the two downtown areas of Madrid.  Taking the metro is probably my new favorite way of transportation, I don't even need to have my i-pod with me, there are usually people playing music at the stations.  Sometimes you even get a treat and get to hear someone play music inside the metro.  For a music lover, I find this to be one of the best things of a normal day in Madrid.  When my friend Amanda and I left the metro we saw some guys go in with a cello, I was really close to going back in the metro just to hear them play.  It's funny how a normal day of doing errands you really do not want to do can turn into a day of fun and having that feeling of relief once all the errands are done.  As we were walking we decided to stop for some gelato.  The flavor was toffee and I think it was my first gelato I have ever had, it was delicious!  It was actually the same place my friends and I went to for an early breakfast after "salir de marcha."  A phrase used here referring to going on at night with friends.  After errands we chilled for a little bit, I am starting to like having big gaps in between classes to get things done. Amanda and I parted ways, and as I was standing in the metro, lo and behold a guy with his saxaphone comes in!  Usually when a seat gets available people rush for the seat.  Today I felt like standing right where I was, listening to the saxophone player play right in front of me!  Music is everywhere and life is beautiful.  Keep on livin'


"I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity.  It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music." ~Billy Joel

Rome, Italy:

Barcelona, Spain:

Paris, France:

2 comments: