Monday, February 6, 2012

Hopes and Fears

They say when you graduate from college, you should have a pretty clear idea about what you want to do the rest of your life. Like many seniors in college, I am applying to a couple of programs and weighing out my options. I have always been a focused student, but recently it seems that my focus and drive to succeed has risen tremendously. For the first time in my college career, I got on the Dean's Honor List. I am at that stage where my hopes and fears for the future are high. "What if things don't go as planned?" always crosses my mind. It's very easy to always have this thought in your mind when you have no idea what you will be doing next year.

I hold my education very close to me, because it is the one thing besides family and friends I can always count on. Although not many, I am applying to a couple of programs I am interested in, and experiencing those feelings of anxiousness at the same time. I worked hard to get where I am at today, but all I can do is hope for the best, and hope those programs I apply to see the person I am today and the person I am capable of becoming. I also have to keep reminding myself that I eventually will have my "big break," I just have to enjoy the ride and the people in it.


Keep on livin'

No comments:

Post a Comment